For the purposes of this wiki, books are all non-internet-based, non-periodical self-contained published works, including chapbooks, published correspondence, and tangential works, but not journals, annuals, reoccurring fanzines, web-published essays and articles, etcetera. For ease of browsing books are further broken down by type, there is also a list of books in alphabetical order.
Biographies, Studies, & Memoirs
Books about the life of various authors of weird fiction.
- H. P. Lovecraft The Decline of the West
- H. P. Lovecraft New England Decadent
- I Am Providence: The Life and Times of H. P. Lovecraft
- Lovecraft: A Biography
- The Private Life of H. P. Lovecraft
Monographs & Chapbooks
Small chapterbooks, often stapled rather than bound, on a single subject.
Collections of articles or essays, often from a periodical.
- An Epicure in the Terrible: A Centennial Anthology of Essays in Honor of H. P. Lovecraft (2011)
- Essays Lovecraftian
- H. P. Lovecraft Four Decades of Criticism
- The Lovecraft Collectors Library
- Lovecraft Remembered
- Mosig At Last: A Psychologist Looks at H. P. Lovecraft
- Primal Sources: Essays on H. P. Lovecraft
- Rhode Island on Lovecraft
- Selected Papers on Lovecraft
- Something About Cats
Books concerned principally with literary or artistic criticism of weird fiction.
Works or collections of fiction, included mainly for forewords, introductions, prefaces, afterwords, annotations, notes and footnotes of scholarly interest.
Bibliographies, concordances, dictionaries, and other related non-critical works.
- A Cthulhu Mythos Bibliography & Concordance
- H. P. Lovecraft A Comprehensive Bibliography
- An H. P. Lovecraft Encyclopedia
- The Cthulhu Mythos Encyclopedia
Books that touch on matters of interest, but often only at a single point or article and otherwise not of general interest to weird fiction scholarship.
Theses and Dissertations
Academic documents submitted for an academic degree. Often represent considerable research, but rarely published or made widely available.